layout 166

Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm back! Brain tumor surgery

Happy New Year Everyone!
 
It has been almost two looonnnng years since I posted.  So much has happened.  I do work a "real" job and this is my fun, and I was travel nursing for a while.  After coming home, I settled into a job close to home. 
Over the past 5-6 yrs I have suffered from "migraines".  They began to increase in frequency and intensity.  I saw my doctor.....regularly, but because I kept working (a necessity) and I kept working out (also a necessity for my sanity) I was the picture of perfect health.  I was really just surviving.....my art completely stopped.....no painting, no stamping, no designing.  And believe me when I tell you, I lived for my art time.  Now I went to bed when I got home.  Sometimes as early as 5 in the afternoon.
Anyway, I finally had a seizure, vomiting in the morning, and having vision changes so they did an MRI.  Brain stem tumor!  Very large because I had ignored it for sooooo long.  It was pressing on my brainstem and about the size of a small lemon.  I had to go to a tertiary care hospital (highest level) for surgery (October 19th 2012) and it has been a long road to recovery.  I almost lost the sight in my right eye, have trigeminal nerve pain and vertigo, but I am getting back to my old self.  I still lack depth perception as my eye is still in healing mode.   
I also lost my beloved Madison.  My faithful dog of 15 years who loved me and stood by me when I often felt alone (I wasn't but it felt that way).  I love you Maddie and I miss your happy doggy grin everyday!
I thank all of you that have stayed with this blog so patiently waiting.......I should have discussed it with you, but honestly what do you say....I feel horrible....everyday?   I would have lost you for sure!
Life is precious and my journey is still in the works, so I close this post with my usual and heartfelt "enjoy your journey in life my friend"!!!
Love to each and everyone who comes across this blog.
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Take things one day at a time! And welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. You have been missed.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have been through so much, I have often thought of you and wondered how you are. I hope your recovery continues smoothly and that you are soon back at full strength. Sorry to hear you lost your much loved companion too...always hard isn't it. Love and hugs Lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to have you back. So serious and sad news, but please take it easy. It has been rough time for you over there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear,I missed you and went on to find you on this blog. Hope,you will recover and have your art work again. Blessings and hugs,Erni

    ReplyDelete

I am both thrilled and honored to have visitors and comments! I am humbled by the wonderful creative minds that abound in the stamping world!
Thank you for taking time to visit my blog and leave me, and my wonderfully talented designers a message!
Deborah